Yes, it’s true. I keep a list of our favorite main dishes in a spreadsheet.
Why on earth would I do this? People, my brain is tired.
Working, blogging, parenting, and wife-ing all take up time and valuable cranial real estate. If I can write something down and not have to remember it–that is exactly what I’m going to do.
Here’s what my spreadsheet looks like:
New recipes that get a thumbs-up make it onto the spreadsheet; those that don’t get tossed.
Here’s why it’s helpful:
- Major neural preservation, as listed above.
- If you menu plan by themes (e.g., Meatless Monday, Family Fave Thursday, etc) it makes it easy to plug meals into each spot.
- You can look at your freezer inventory, see what you have a lot of, and plan dinners around that.
- Can’t decide? Have fun. Label some dice by category. Roll to choose what’s on the menu.
- If you’re bringing a meal to a new mama or a friend who’s sick, send them the spreadsheet and let them choose!