Did EVERY SINGLE ONE of your vegetable seeds sprout?
Are you doorbell ditching your neighbors with bags of produce?
Do you lie awake at night trying to figure out how to use 50,000 zucchini in one season?
There is an answer.
Bring your garden’s overflow to Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS). This amazing organization has been “giving a hand up, not a handout” since 1976.
• They provide a five-day supply of emergency groceries to working families in need six days a week.
• Over 18,000 individuals receive an abundance of fresh groceries every month.
• Food is distributed to clients in a respectful and dignified manner. Families receive health and nutrition resources as well as food.
Come by after work or on your lunch break! (Need directions? They’re right off Hwy 50 at 3333 Third Ave, Sacramento CA 95817.)
How? Just drop them off!
Donations are accepted:
• Monday-Tuesday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• Thursday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Not in Sacramento? No problem. Find the food bank that serves your area at FeedingAmerica.org and keep them in mind when you harvest those zucchini.
For more information on SFBFS, visit sacramentofoodbank.org.