This post may include affiliate links.
If you make a purchase, I'll earn a small fee at no extra cost to you.
Three years ago, the company I work for changed our healthcare to a high deductible plan. This means that we pay full price for every doctor visit, emergency room visit, urgent care visit, etc. until we have paid the full deductible amount for our family. This is $5,000 per year.
I had been using essential oils for aromatherapy only up to this point. I used lavender at bedtime and for calming, and to help me through labor with both kids. We put citrus oils in our homemade cleaners, air fresheners, and so on. I hadn’t really thought about using essential oils for more than that.
But the high deductible health plan really scared me. It seemed very possible to me that we could spend several thousand dollars a year, never reach our deductible, and have to do the same thing over again–year after year.
Something had to change. I began researching how to use essential oils for health concerns. I searched Amazon for reference books, and read them all very carefully.
When flu season came around, our family declined the shot (we’ve had bad experiences in the past). Later that winter, I came home feeling sick and recovered using only natural remedies.
That showed me that we could stay healthy naturally, without trips to the doctor and without missing work. I used the money I saved by not visiting the doctor to buy an essential oil kit. Because these oils are high quality, and you use them one drop at a time, that kit has lasted us for years!
Here are just a few ways we use essential oils to stay healthy:
- We use a couple of drops of Digestive Blend on our tummies and the kids’ to relieve stomachaches. We don’t even have that pink medicine bottle in our cabinet anymore.
- A couple of drops of Melaleuca and Lavender mixed with sweet almond oil help with cysts–no more surgery!
- A drop of Helichrysum seals up cuts and stops the bleeding.
- If people at work/school are sick, we strengthen our immune systems by adding Protective Blend to our homemade foaming soap, diffuse it in the air (above), and apply it to the soles of our feet.
- One or two drops of Melaleuca gets rid of ear discomfort for 29 cents. How much would a doctor visit plus a week of antibiotics cost? Well over $100, for sure.
As always, I must remind you that I’m not a doctor, and you should do your own research and decide for yourself.
But I can tell you this: our bodies (and my wallet) have never been healthier or happier.
We haven’t had a single doctor visit, trip to urgent care, or ER visit since we started using essential oils for health–not for us, not for the kids, not at all.