It’s easy to make these delicious, homemade fudgesicles. They’re full of rich chocolate flavor without boxed pudding or artificial ingredients.
Nothing says “summer” like the rich, creamy taste of a fudgesicle on a hot day. I love these delicious frozen treats, but I don’t like paying $4.99 for the stuff in the “brand name” ones:
Nonfat Milk, Maltodextrin, Sorbitol, Polydextrose, Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Whey, Palm Oil, Tricalcium Phosphate, Cellulose Gel, Cellulose Gum, Mono & Diglycerides, Malt Powder, Salt, Guar Gum, Aspartame, Polysorbate 80, Acesulfame Potassium, Artificial And Natural Flavor, Polysorbate 65, Citric Acid, Carrageenan, Caramel Color, Locust Bean Gum.
Yuck! I don’t want to eat that stuff or feed it to my family. Many homemade fudgesicle recipes use boxed pudding mix, which has a lot of the same junk in it.
These natural fudgesicles are full of rich chocolate flavor, without relying on chemical additives or artificial flavors. Your family will love them!
More natural snacks your family will love:
- Put the milk, sugar, cornstarch, and cocoa powder in a saucepan and mix carefully over medium heat. A spring whisk will help make sure you get all the lumps out.
- Add the chocolate chips and cook, stirring frequently, until they are melted.
- Remove from heat, add the vanilla and butter, and stir until combined.
- Allow to cool slightly and then pour into popsicle molds. Freeze until solid (several hours to overnight).
- When it’s time to serve, dip the individual molds into hot water for a few seconds and they’ll pop right out.